In most cases, you can download the registration application from the town’s website. Note that we are simply passing along this information. We are not involved in this process in any way.
- Town of Barnstable: $90; additional units are $25 ea.
- Chatham: $50
- Dennis: $50
- Eastham: $75; $55-$60 water test; inspection completed the first year and every 3 – 5 years after
- Falmouth: $25
- Harwich: $50 (expires 90 days after issuance)
- Mashpee: $100 ($25 registration fee and $75 inspection fee)
- Nantucket: $250
- Orleans: no fee
- Plymouth: $75
- Provincetown: $750
- Truro: $200
- Wareham and Onset: $100 (includes registration and inspection fees)
- West Tisbury: $190 ($115 registration fee and $75 inspection fee)
- Yarmouth: $80 via check or $70 via credit card/online
Community Impact Fee
Some towns have imposed a 3% Community Impact Fee on any homes whose owners rent more than one home in the town. This fee is in addition to the lodging tax. As of this date, the towns of Provincetown, Wellfleet, Falmouth, and Plymouth have imposed this fee. If your rentals are affected by this fee, please contact our office and we will assist you in adjusting the lodging tax on your listings.
Tourism is the lifeblood of the Cape and Islands’ economy, and vacation rental homes are a vital contribution. However, the growing numbers and increasing rental rates of vacation rental homes on the Cape and Islands are coinciding with exploding market prices. Housing for year-round families and the local workforce is in short supply. As a result, town officials are documenting which homes are rented on a short-term basis and ensuring they have safety protocols in place. Some towns are defining the occupancy as well. (In most areas, it’s two people per bedroom plus two additional people.)
Note: The fees above are subject to change, so you will want to confirm with your town. It is the responsibility of every vacation rental owner to verify the registration fee of their town and to comply with all local and state laws, regulations, required fees, applications, and inspections.