Occasionally, you might receive a vacationer inquiry that makes you feel unsettled. Just remember that you should feel comfortable with the guests who will be staying in your home. And, of course, you’re the boss!
Co-owner of WeNeedaVacation.com, Joan Talmadge and I recently recorded a podcast about screening potential guests and how to go about telling someone, “No.”
Here are some of the questions we address:
- Why is a phone call with your prospective guests so important?
- How important is a lease?
- Can you set age requirements?
- How do you say no?
- Do you risk talking potential guests out of booking your home by disclosing its flaws?
- Why should you collect a security deposit?
If you’re looking for more information about screening potential guests, take a look at our blog post that goes into even more depth.