WeNeedaVacation.com has jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon, and why not? With over 10 million visitors, Pinterest is one the fastest growing websites ever. What better way to promote our love of all things Cape Cod, Nantucket, and Martha’s Vineyard while also helping to increase traffic to WeNeedaVacation.com? More traffic to the site translates to more leads and bookings for your vacation rental.
Pinterest is like a pinboard that allows users to create and manage theme-based images such as events, interests, hobbies, and more. Want to get a better idea of what Pinterest is all about? Check out and follow the boards we have created at http://pinterest.com/weneedavacation/, and repin some of our lovely pictures on your own board!
You can take advantage of Pinterest to promote your vacation rental. Follow these steps to get your vacation rental up and running on Pinterest.
1. Go to www.Pinterest.com and click “Join Pinterest.”
2. Once you receive the “Verify email address” email from Pinterest, you can sign up through your Facebook or Twitter account by choosing one of those options.
3. Choose whom you would like to be able to view your pins and then click “Go to App”
4. Create a Username, enter your email address, and create a password. Click “Create Account.”
5. Create a Pinboard for your rental: Click “Create boards,” and then on the Create Your First Pinboards page, click “Add” select a category, and click “Create.”
6. Install the “Pin it” button to your bookmarks bar. This can be done by clicking on the “About” tab, choosing “Pin it Button” and then dragging the “Pin It” button shown to your Bookmarks bar. Once installed on your bookmarks bar it is very easy to pin pictures to your board.
7. Go to your weneedavacation.com rental page and click the pin it button for the most beautiful pictures on your listing. Keep in mind that the secret to success on Pinterest is BEAUTIFUL. Once you choose which of your pictures you would like to pin, it will magically show up on your chosen pin board. Be sure to pin other interesting pictures (check out our galleries on WeNeedaVacation.com) that will give potential renters a visual of activities/restaurants/beaches that are near your rental property (check out our Pinterest boards).
8. Write a brief, but concise description of the picture. Remember that this description stays with the picture as it travels around Pinterest.
9. Stay active on Pinterest by liking, following, commenting and re-pinning.
Rate this article: